- Greater Manchester
- £33,000 to £42,000
Urban are working alongside one of the UK’s finest architecture and design studios in Manchester as they look to welcome Urban Designers to their team.
The studio are looking for someone with a passion for design, curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow to join a busy team across a variety of sectors.
The Urban Designer role will be hands on, requiring initiative and good design and communication skills. This opportunity is for those who can clearly demonstrate a capability and desire to progress in the Urban Design field and a clear, keen interest in placemaking, masterplanning and regeneration, evidenced in your portfolio, which is the key driver of the studio.
* A design background, ideally with a degree or masters in urban design.
* Ideally 2-3 years professional experience working in a UK studio.
* An awareness and an understanding of current UK planning policy and the RIBA Work Stages.
* A keen interest in large scale urban projects and the ability to present your work in this context.
* Ability to work collaboratively in large multi-disciplinary teams on complex urban environments
* Ability to understand, communicate and present contextual issues from surrounding large areas.
* Excellent drawing and presentation skills and the ability to explain a design idea and evolution of a concept.
* An ability to build rapport, create relationships and work effectively and positively with others
* A desire to keep up to date with developments in the field and to support the team in being at the leading edge of urban design
* Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
* Good design eye and drawing skills
* Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and visually
* Knowledge of Revit
* Knowledge of Adobe packages
Please get in touch with Ryan at urban for further information: email@example.com
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.