- $90,000 to $110,000
I am currently working with an award-winning Architecture & Design firm, who are seeking a Senior Project Architect to join their growing Chicago office. With a desire to explore ways that design can revitalize, support and ultimately improve communities across the USA, this is an excellent opportunity to work for a firm who have a primary focus on housing, government & educational developments.
This opening is for a technical individual who has an interest/experience working on wood-frame multi-family housing such as affordable, adaptive re-use, senior & market-rate projects. These projects stretch across all scales, from smaller developments through to masterplanning & urban design.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Working closely with the Managing Partner and Project Managers to support technical & design stages for various projects
* Collaborate with team members on all project stages to produce a unified and coordinated design outcome
* Preparation of construction documents and other specifications in collaboration with team members
* Direct and mentor junior individuals through design development and construction documentation
* Coordinate 2-D & 3-D models and drawings throughout each phase of the project
* Work closely with local building code and zoning laws
* Coordination with various clients and consultants throughout all phases of the project
* Possess a strong attention to detail and high level of expertise
* 10+ years’ experience in a professional architecture setting
* Experience working on multi-family and mixed-use developments
* Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite. Knowledge of BIM360 is preferred
* Strong technical mindset and experience required
* Licensed Architect preferred
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Must have the ability to effectively present information and response to managers, clients and public with questions
The firm offers a very competitive benefits package, including high-deductibles on healthcare, dental and vision, as well as excellent PTO and flexible working environment.
Please note: This position cannot support sponsorship and must have a valid working visa to be considered
If you are interested in this position, please apply with you resume and work samples or send an email to Lorna@bemoreurban.com
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.