- New York County
- $85,000 to $100,000
I am currently recruiting for a leading design firm of speciality of retail environments, who are looking for a talented Senior Designer for their Manhattan based office. My client has a very diverse client base of innovative start-ups and established luxury brand retail projects in fashion, beauty, jewelry, and hospitality. Projects range in scale from small, branded shop-in-shops to free-standing retail environments.
My client is seeking a candidate with either an Architectural or Interior Design degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience designing retail environments. Candidates must be knowledgeable in the technical aspects of the practice of retail design and construction, adept at construction detailing, have field experience, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects in varying stages as part of a project team and individually.
They are a team of dedicated and creative professionals committed to collaborative problem solving and design excellence. The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-driven culture is required. They are looking for individuals with a passion for creative design, the customer journey, and lifestyle-driven solutions.
* Conceptualize and design retail environments
* Lead design project and concept presentations
* Create mood and vision boards
* Research brand and consumer trends on a per-project basis
* Prepare design control drawings for development team
* Collaborate with production management team to bring design to execution
* Strong aesthetic sensibility and able to visually communicate through sketches, renderings, and presentations
* Solid experience in interior space planning, sourcing, and specifying FF&E and finishes
* Proficient in developing schematic plans and design documentation sets for a variety of large and small projects
* Self-motivated with ability to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
* Proficient in AutoCad and/or Vectorworks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels
* Able to work efficiently under tight timelines
* Degree in Interior Design or design equivalent
* 5-7 years plus of professional experience, preferably in retail design
This is a fantastic opportunity for design-orientated people with a commitment to excellence.
My client offers a comprehensive benefits package, great colleagues, and an exciting environment.
To be in with a chance to interview for this career altering opportunity, please send your resume and portfolio (under 10MB) to email@example.com
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.