- Tribeca, Manhattan
- £110,000 to £130,000
I am recruiting for a New York based firm with a global reach seeking a Senior Interior Designer. My client is a full service studio that specialize in architecture and design from hotel hospitality to top global bars. The team is astute, skillful, and collaborative. Incredibly passionate about what they do.
Grounded in thirty-five years of experience, their designs balance discipline with spontaneity and blend Modernism with the warmth of artisanal techniques. This creative dialogue defines the ethos of my client where they bring architecture and artistry together.
* Responsible for the development and realization of project from start to finish.
* Collaborate with project team in conceiving concept and design to meet client program, standards and, project budget and schedule constraints.
* Ensure on-time delivery of all documents alongside Project Manager, at each project phase.
* Supervise and mentor Intermediate and Junior Designers.
* Represent and manage design coordination between clients and consultants.
* Attend site visits, client presentations and, coordination meetings as required.
* Assist Project Manager when required, in performing Construction Administration services including but, not limited to site visits, RFI responses, CFA and shop drawing review and approvals, Punch-Lists and, coordination with consultants, manufactures and contractors.
* Participate in new project/new client interviews as required.
* Participate in project, site visits and meetings as required.
* Maintain and nurture existing client and vendor relationships.
* Architecture or Interior Design degree.
* Minimum of 8 years’ experience in hospitality design or related field.
* Strong experience in management and implementation of design concept through to completion while maintaining project schedule and budget.
* Strong experience in management and coordination of construction drawing sets and specifications with strong knowledge of FF&E, materials, and available vendor/fabricators..
* Strong time and people management skills with the ability to organize multiple projects across various phases.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and any other industry standard program and/or practice. Revit is a plus.
* Strong ability to visually and/or verbally communicate design ideas either virtually or in-person.
* Collaborative, self-motivated, positive, and flexible with strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable in interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors, and internal staff.
To succeed in this role, the professional will require a high-end taste level with extraordinary knowledge of the high-end hospitality market, decorative lighting, furniture, fabrics and an excellent eye for detail.
My client offers a comprehensive benifits package, great collegues and an exciting environment.
To be in with a chance to interview for this career altering opportunity, please send your resume and portfolio (under 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.