- Midtown, Manhattan
- $140,000 to $170,000
urban are currently assisting an award-winning Architecture firm in their search for a talented and experienced Design Director to join their Retail Studio team in New York City. As the Design Director, you will be responsible for leading the design team, overseeing the design process from concept to completion, and ensuring the highest level of design quality for all retail projects, working in union with the Studio Director.
With Projects in over 40 countries, and award-winning designs, this is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a collaborate team.
* Lead and manage the Retail Studio design team, providing mentorship and guidance to ensure a high level of design excellence and technical proficiency
* Develop and maintain relationships with retail clients, understanding their needs and developing design solutions that meet their goals and objectives
* Collaborate with various consultant teams, including project managers, construction managers, and other departments to ensure retail projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest level of quality
* Foster a culture of innovation and creativity, encouraging the exploration of new ideas and retail design approaches
* Stay up-to-date with retail design trends, materials, and technologies, and incorporate them into the design process as appropriate
* Participate in business development activities, including proposals, presentations, and client meetings
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or a related field
* 10+ years of experience in architectural design, with a focus on retail design and planning
* Demonstrated leadership skills, with experience managing and mentoring a design team in a retail setting
* Strong portfolio showcasing retail design skills and a range of retail project types and scales
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate retail design concepts and ideas to clients and internal teams
* Proficiency in design software, including AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
* An understanding and experience with NYC/National DOB/Codes, compliance, filing strategies, landlord coordination, and consultant coordination from design through shop drawings
* Familiarity with retail building codes, regulations, and zoning laws is preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a range between $140,000 – $170,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please submit your resume & portfolio to email@example.com
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.