- £32,000 to £40,000
Are you an Interior Architect looking for a new opportunity to excel your career? This global, award winning studio are renowned for their dimensional designs that pay homage to the personal story of the client. Their intelligent and breath taking designs have won them numerous accolades and recognition as the worlds leading designer in their sector.
This opportunity will guarantee you the exposure to career boosting projects, as well as the chance to work within a vibrant team and bring something new to the table. Their international projects are located in some of the globe’s most stunning pockets, meaning the chance to travel with work is always possible.
If you are a technical whizz, then please keep reading to find out more about the role and submit your application for consideration.
Role: Middleweight Interior Architect
As a midweight interior architect, you will be intrinsically involved in all aspects of a project lifecycle from inception to delivery. You will be supporting the senior designers and directors within client meetings, taking notes and using your research to create inspiring client proposals.
Due to the extensive prestige of the projects your will be working on, you will be required to produce accurate and meticulous detailed drawing packages using AutoCAD as your predominant software. This must represent material choices to demonstrate pricing intent.
This role will have you maximizing your creativity and technical attributes in tandem. You will be expected to harness your skillset to support the junior staff members, and oversee workflow and ensure quality is controlled throughout. These skills will enable you to gain exposure to the managerial aspects of an Interior Designer role that will give you the necessary skills to be able to progress into a senior designer.
* 3-4 years experience within reputable interior design studios
* Hospitality projects experience within high-end F&B and hotels
* Great understanding of design trends
* Experience liaising with suppliers/ vendors/ contractors and great relationship building skills
* Knowledge and understanding on materials, FF&E and pricing respectively
* Adobe CS (Photoshop and InDesign)
* SketchUp or Rhino
* Collaborate with the senior designers using the brief to produce concept schemes and an initial statement for the client
* Produce mood boards, plans and presentations for client presentations following initial brief
* Use research to create strategies and schemes to aid design development stages and schematics
* Create material boards demonstrating FF&E ideas and pricing accordingly
* Use feedback from seniors to refine concepts for the design development stages
* Produce renders and elevations showing layout plans and overall look and feel
* Sketch visuals by hand and using software
* Refine FF&E choices, material selections etc
* Specify lighting and furniture design
* Design development- working with senior designers to produce detailed schematic designs that include ceiling plans, heights and openings, thus enabling consultant team to develop mechanical and electrical detailing for the use of contractors during construction.
* Develop an understanding of MEP to ensure design schemes are accurate and deliverable
* Joinery, ironmongery, architrave and material detailing to be specified into drawings
* Produce thorough FF&E packages
* Review the contractors throughout tender stage
* Oversee construction and quality control on a regular basis, including site visits
* Liaise with engineers to ensure design intent is met
£32,000 – £40,000 commensurate on experience.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.