- $75,000 to $85,000
My client is a multidisciplinary design firm attuned to the unique needs of destination design, my client has been designing landmark destinations for over 70 years, shaping timeless spaces that span the globe. They are an international team of creative professionals across three continents with global offices.
This impressive and reputable firm is looking for an Intermediate interior designer with 4-5 years of experience in the hospitality sector.
* Oversee and supervise junior team members on projects within the hospitality industry.
* Independently prepare Concept Design presentations including rendered plans, section elevations, Colour/Material boards, and furniture/fixture/accessories selections using Adobe Photoshop, Sketch-Up, Adobe InDesign, and AutoCAD programs.
* Oversee and review Junior Designers’ rendering of simple floor plans and select elevations.
* Work independently to render detailed floor plans and detailed elevations.
* Conduct product resource selection for ongoing and future projects.
* Develop Furnishing, Colour and Material Boards, including materials, fabric, and imagery. Coordinate Computer-Generated Imagery (CGI) with Rendering Consultant.
* Develop freehand sketches for design detailing and construction documentation with final review.
* Coordinate construction drawings between client, architects, and multiple consultants, including lighting designer & MEP engineering consultants.
* Redline and coordinate construction documents with outsourced drafting companies.
* Supervise Junior Designers working on construction drawing production in AutoCAD.
* Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or in a closely related field and 3+ years of experience in designing interior projects including urban and resort hotels.
* Using AutoCAD, Photoshop, Revit, Rhino, Sketch-up, Brazil, V-Ray, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Vasari to create construction documents, 3D sketches/renderings, and client presentations.
* Using Sketch-up, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop to design hand sketch case work and vignette scenes, hand colour, and render interior drawings, area take-offs, and shop drawings.
* Translating design concepts into building assemblies through the creation of construction documents using AutoCAD or Revit.
* Assemble FF&E and finish boards using physical material samples, physical finish samples and photographic prints.
* Using interior design concepts including space planning, furniture, fixtures, and product research to create and refine the overall conceptual design for a project.
* Applying technical regulations and related code compliance, including ADA requirements and local, state, and federal building codes for permitting and construction purposes.
This is a great opportunity for intelligent, design-oriented people with a commitment to excellence.
My client offers a comprehensive benefits package, great colleagues, and an exciting environment.
To be in with a chance to interview for this career altering opportunity, please send your resume and portfolio (under 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.