- Manhattan, Midtown
- $75,000 to $95,000
We are actively seeking an exceptional Interior Designer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to join an AD100 design firm.
In this role, you can expect to collaborate closely with Junior & Senior Designers, Project Managers, and Studio Directors to provide production assistance and coordination throughout the project delivery process. The ideal candidate is a dependable individual with a “can-do” attitude and an impressive attention to detail, ready to excel in a world of high-end projects and discerning, high-net-worth clientele.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
– Elevate the standard of professionalism in interactions with esteemed clients and colleagues
– Play an active role in client meetings and presentations
– Provide support to the team in preparing top-tier client presentations and documentation
– Take the lead preparing meeting agendas and ensure meeting notes are documented and communicated to team members
– Maintain accurate and timesheets, on time every time
– Ensure prompt and precise reporting of reimbursable expenses (personal & project)
– Correspond with vendors to obtain precise quotes for all FF&E requirements
– Skillfully negotiate pricing with vendors, recognizing the elevated standards of quality and luxury
– Assist in creating decorating budgets with the highest attention to detail, meticulously tracking the expenses
– Create purchase orders and client invoices with precision, ensuring the timely delivery of projects
– Collaborate with senior team members to craft awe-inspiring client presentations
– Demonstrate proficiency in AutoCAD to craft intricate furniture plans, elevations, custom furniture drawings, and lighting drawings that flawlessly convey design intent
– Source FF&E elements, including luxury furniture, window treatments, drapery, fabrics, wall coverings, wall treatments, designer lighting, carpeting, regular and decorative painting, decorative finishes and exclusive art and antiques
– Provide valuable support to senior staff in design development and materials research
– Prepare specification packets and room sheets
– Assist in creating installation schedules
– Coordinate FF&E deliveries, CFA’s, finish samples, and other materials with precision
– Supervise the installation of FF&E
– Ensure all decorating deliverables for our high-end projects meet and where possible exceed expectations and deadlines
– Completing and maintaining correspondence and drawing files
– Create templates as needed
– Assist in guiding and mentoring junior designers, decorators and interns, instilling in them the values of excellence, precision, and luxury.
– Stay at the forefront of current industry trends related to luxury spaces and interiors
– Develop innovative design concepts that are not only practical, aesthetic, and safe but also reflect the aspirations and financial remit of the client
Skills & Qualifications required include:
– Possess a discerning, high taste level that resonates with high end design
– Demonstrate an intimate knowledge of the high-end market and the ability to design custom furniture and lighting
– Exceptional time management skills, confidently managing multiple project deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and guiding a project from design concept to installation
– Present yourself as the consummate professional, with intelligence, confidence, and discretion, combined with an outgoing, upbeat, demeanor
– Showcase proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Office programs. Familiarity with Studio Designer is a plus
– Demonstrate a profound understanding of interior design principles and practices
– A bachelor’s degree in interior design
– A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated work experience with Interior Design and/or Architectural Firms, preferably specializing in luxury design
This is a hybrid role with a salary range between $75,000 – $90,000 pa dependant on experience
– Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
– 401(k) Match
– Commuter Benefits
– Paid Time Off
– Paid Parental Leave
Join this award winning, well known team and be part of an organization that defines luxurious living!
Applicants must posses the right to work lawfully in the US.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.