- New York County
- $85,000 to $90,000
Intermediate Interior Designer
A fantastic multidisciplinary firm is looking for an Intermediate Interior Designer with the ability to combine passion and purpose to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. A professional with knowledge of their craft and the creativity to combine both design an technical skills. They will have exceptional conceptual design skills, a background in architecture or design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts. They will be an integral member of the design team who strives to contribute a point of view and craves participation in conceptual thought process and design exploration.
* Work as part of a team on interior design projects that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
* Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
* Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
* Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
* Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
* Work with and guide junior team members.
* Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
* 4+ years of interior design experience of varying types of hospitality and commercial projects
* Proficient in Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD and other modeling software programs
* Experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
* Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
* Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
* NCIDQ/CID required
* Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and sustainable building practices required
To apply, please send a portfolio (10mb max) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.