- New York County
- $40 to $50
Are you interested in joining an international team of architects and designers working on cultural, educational and incredible design-oriented projects? Our client is a culturally diverse boutique firm that work on only the top design projects from smaller Flagship stores to massive cultural planning developments. They combine strategy and design in urban planning, architecture, spatial art and landscape design.
This firm has won multiple awards for their international design work and are currently working on several exciting, large cultural projects. Our client is seeking a highly talented Interior Architect/Designer on a contract basis to handle interiors aspects of some incredible international cultural projects. You will be someone who is self-motivated, self-directed and can handle fast-paced design with little guidance from the Principal. This contract is expected to last between 4-6 months.
* 4-7 years of experience
* License preferred but not necessary
* Previous cultural design experience highly desired
* Experience working in China or on projects in China a plus
* AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, Maya, Adobe CS proficiency required
* Excellent design sense, ability to conduct design research, sketching, illustration and rendering where needed
* Technical aptitude when designing DD/CD documentation
* High familiarity with building systems and extensive knowledge of architectural detailing
* Language proficiency in Mandarin is a major bonus as this will also provide the opportunity for travel
This is a W2 contract position with incredible benefits to include medical, vision & dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan.
If you are interested and looking for a flexible option rather than the normal day-to-day grind, please send your resume, project samples and a brief cover letter to:
Urban is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.