- $125,000 to $160,000
With a portfolio of work ranging from the scale of the individual building, including adaptive re-use and renovation to new construction to the city as a whole, addressing planning and infrastructure design; this architect and design firm are seeking a Director of Interior Architecture to join and lead the Interiors team.
Based in beautifully designed offices, situated in Downtown Brooklyn this office work within a hybrid model, offering flexibility and a true work life balance. An extensive list of benefits are available in addition to continued professional development.
The Director of Interior Architecture will provide over arching leadership of the Interiors Practice Group, contributing to a positive design culture. This professional is responsible for business development, client relationship management, design quality and project leadership on, commercial, workplace and cultural/educational projects as well as working with the Director of Residential Interiors on MFresidential projects
In addition to Practice Group leadership and management, the successful individual will work in partnership with the all Group Directors to lead firm wide business development, marketing and communication efforts, technical design, construction management and operations and financial management across studios and projects.
* Oversee/lead the interior design aspects of interiors and/or architecture projects and be responsible for the overall design quality
* Meet with project teams to establish appropriate/achievable goals for balancing design, technical and financial challenges
* Mentor staff on their individual skills and be a resource for interiors/interior architecture research and inquiry
* Coordinate with Firm leadership to maintain appropriate staffing on projects for their success
* Strategize with Firm leadership to identify business development approach
* Generate and maintain leads for new project opportunities with potential clients, industry representatives and consultants
* Participate in appropriate industry and client organizations
* Participate in marketing meetings with Firm leadership
* Lead Interiors/Interior Architecture sections of proposals and presentations; assist and coordinate other facets of proposals such as schedule, technical approach and fees sections
* Produce/oversee/edit collateral marketing materials and coordinate with Marketing
* Identify projects for internal Design Reviews in collaboration with Design Directors and coordinate content as appropriate
* Liaise with other Directors to elevate/train staff
* Recognize and celebrate achievements by staff
* Maintain visibility as a spokesperson for Interior Architecture at the Firm through teaching, presenting, attending industry conferences, workshops and panel discussions, and on Social Media
* Coordinate PR Leadership activities related to press releases, feature articles and announcements
* Minimum 15 years of related experience
* Demonstrate creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills of either hand or computer sketching
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Strong technical skills including proficiency with AutoCAD, REVIT and other related design software
* NCIDQ and/or Registered Architect preferred
* LEED accredited preferred
* A graduate of an accredited Masters or Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design degree program or related combination
Interested? Please apply with your updated resume and portfolio (less than 10mb) for consideration. Applicants must have legal work authorization for US.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.