- Manhattan, Midtown
- $75,000 to $90,000
An award winning design firm is currently seeking an Intermediate Designer with a minimum of 5 years of experience to join their talented team.
As a key member of the design team, you will collaborate closely with Junior Designers, Senior Designers, Project Managers, and Studio Directors to provide crucial support and coordination throughout the project lifecycle. This design firm are looking for a reliable, energetic individual with exceptional attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude, to contribute to the successful completion of projects.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an organization that is rapidly expanding its operations and exploring new possibilities every single day.
– Maintain professionalism in interactions with clients and colleagues.
– Participate in client meetings and presentations.
– Assist the team in preparing client presentations and documentation.
– Prepare meeting agendas and ensure accurate meeting notes are taken and distributed to team members.
– Support in creating construction budgets and monitoring expenses.
– Solicit bids and assist Project Managers and clients in subcontracting for fabrication, installation, and material arrangement.
– Participate in all stages of the design process, including programming, schematic design, design development, and construction documentation.
– Develop innovative design concepts that align with project goals and budgets.
– Utilize computer-aided design (CAD) software to create necessary floor plans, layouts, elevations, and other design-related drawings.
– Produce 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
– Source materials, finishes, fixtures, and equipment for projects and create corresponding schedules and spec books.
– Coordinate color and material palettes.
– Estimate material requirements and preliminary costs.
– Support the Construction Administration phase by responding to RFI’s, CO’s, and reviewing shop drawings.
– Attend on-site visits and field reviews, providing direction to outside contractors and vendors under senior team members’ guidance.
– Meet all design deliverable deadlines.
– Complete and file correspondences and drawing files.
– Create templates as needed.
– Assist in organizing the sample library.
– Assist in supervising junior designers and interns.
– Stay updated on current industry trends related to space, function, decorative lighting, fabrics, furniture, and equipment.
Skills & Qualifications required:
– Strong knowledge of architecture and design principles/practices.
– Effective management of project budgets, excellent organizational skills, and punctuality.
– Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a discreet, upbeat, and confident demeanor.
– Adaptability and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
– Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft Office programs.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or similar
– Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated work experience with Interior Design and/or Architectural Firms.
This is a hybrid role where you are required to be office based just 3 days a week.
$75,000 – $90,000
– Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
– 401(k) Match
– Commuter Benefits
– Paid Time Off
– Paid Parental Leave Plans
– Paid Holidays
Join the collaborative, friendly and super talented team and be part of a creative and dynamic environment where your skills and expertise will be valued and appreciated. Apply today to embark on an exciting career journey.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the US.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.