- Manhattan, Financial District
This global architecture & design studio, highly publicized and winner of a plethora of prestigious awards, seek a Senior Interior Designer to join their New York office.
With a minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience in reputable architecture and/or design firms, the successful applicant will understand and deliver design through programming, interior architecture, specifications, documentation and FF&E.
Prior experience and expertise in high end, custom interior design is essential as is knowledge of top tier materials, finishes, furniture, accessories and current trends.
* Managing interior projects from schematic design through installation
* Collaborating on concept development across multiple projects while guiding junior staff
* Preparation of client presentations
* Designing, sourcing, and presenting interior décor including finishes, fixtures, furniture, hardware, lighting, rugs, fabric, accessories, and art, from vintage to custom items, in collaboration with the principal and other design team members
* Creation of proposals and coordination of purchases and shipment of all items
* Coordination of vendors, fabricators, millworkers, electricians, general contractors throughout
* Management of FF&E and sourcing
* Client liaision
* Production of project schedules and budgets
* Identifying and solving any issues as they arise
* Completion of tasks accurately with strong attention to detail and minimal oversight
* Overseeing project installations
Experience & qualifications required:
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong AutoCAD, Revit, or similar rendering software proficiency, Adobe Suite skills required
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited architectural or interior design program
* Minimum of 7-10 years full-time experience working for commercial/residential interior design and/or architects firms
* Experience working with purchasing software such as Design Manager
* Interior architectural experience in all phases of the design process, including custom millwork details
This design firm are recognized and celebrated globally. They offer a diverse and inclusive working environment and strive to remain as industry leaders.
Projects completed include; Mixed Use Developments, Museums, Schools, Civic & Arts Buildings, Commercial, Residential, Pavilions.
Interested? Please apply by sending your up to date resume and relevant work samples that show case your suitability for this position. Only applicants that have the legal right to work in the US can be considered. This role requires the successful candidate to be able to commute to the studio in Manhattan.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.