- Manhattan, Little Italy
- $85,000 to $100,000
Boasting a long list of accolades, this prolific New York design firm have earned a reputation for being industry leaders of innovative design. With an ever increasing project pipeline, we are working as their exclusive recruitment partner to appoint a Senior Interior Designer. Liaising with the Principal in charge, this individual will assume responsibility for the full design process from concept through to execution.
Their critically-acclaimed portfolio includes predominantly restaurants, bars and hotels. Each project is designed to be unique with design influences converging between past ideals and idiosyncratic sensibilities.
Responsibilities will include conceiving project design in line with client program and constraints, liaising between design teams and principals in charge as well as communicating directly with clients where necessary. Managing all relevant internal, external and Consultant teams, coordinating leading meetings, working closely with PMs and mentoring junior staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the entire design for multiple projects, in line with design intent. Additionally; reviewing documentation, creating and delivering presentations as well as overseeing production and delivery of drawings, specifications, budgets and reports. This individual will also lead construction administration, respond to RFI’s, review submittals and substitutions, conduct punch lists and resolve any and all issues that may arise.
* Over 8 years of post-graduate design experience with significant experience in high end, bespoke hospitality design, restaurants and hotels
* Demonstrated conceptual approach to design
* Experience coordinating and leading design teams
* Ability to work both collaboratively with the wider team as well as autonomously as required
* Excellent organizational skills with an excellent attention to detail
* Clear and confident communication skills
* Proven industry experience with common industry software applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modeling applications, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Spexx specification writing software would be a plus)
* Strong writing skills (narratives, strategy, meeting minutes, proposals, etc.)
* Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
This celebrated firm are dedicated to hiring and nurturing a diverse, equitable workplace. They celebrating an inclusive culture and providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals who may so require them.
On offer is a competitive salary with extensive benefits including PTO, discretionary bonuses, 401k and Healthcare among others.
Applicants must have the legal work authorization for the US and be able and willing to commute to Manhattan on a regular basis.
Interested? Get in touch with your updated resume and portfolio (less than 10mb) for consideration.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.