- Manhattan, Financial District
- $130,000 to $180,000
A long established, highly reputable New York City architectural practice are on the lookout for an experienced Senior Interior Design Lead at Senior Associate level. With over 200 staff employed across two offices, the Manhattan HQ is located in an impressive high rise tower in the heart of the Financial District. With excellent commuter connections, the offices are easily accessible and more amenities than you could possibly need!
This firm place high value in their people and as such are continually investing, developing and listening to ensure their employees are valued and nurtured to get the very best from them. Placing a huge emphasis on inclusivity, diversity and equity the office culture is friendly, open with a positive and collaborative environment.
The individual sought will be confident client facing, project running, generating new business opportunities as well as nurturing existing business.
This senior level hire is a strategic appointment for the management team. The goal is that this professional will adopt the role of Design Lead across the Interiors Group function, working across a wide variety of large and complex project to add a sense of direction, clarity and gravitas.
Responsibilities will include among others:
* Design Direction with the team to pitch for projects, competitions, and potential clients
* Programming, space planning, test fitting and developing design from concept through to construction
* Overseeing coordination with Architects, engineering services and specialist sub consultants
* Coordination of documentation packages, ff&e, specification documents etc
* Management of project design teams
* Quality control and design management
* Client and business development
Skills and Experience required:
* Degree or Masters in Interior Design or Architecture
* LEED AP, NCIDQ certified
* 20 + years experience
* Proven experience running and delivering design-led projects across a variety of large and complex project typologies (Insitututional / Healthcare / Corporate Office / Cultural etc)
* Fluency in AutoCAD &/or Revit
* Strong eye for design, details, and presentation
* Proven experience managing and successfully leading high performing design teams
Please apply with your up to date resume and portfolio (less than 10mb). Applicants must be authorized to work legally in the US. This firm offer a hybrid working environment but you must be able to commute into Manhattan regularly as well as be open to regular national travel.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.