- Soho, Manhattan
- $55,000 to $65,000
Junior Interior Designers for High Profile NYC Design Firm
We have partnered with a reputable design firm who create cohesive and beautiful spaces, who’s obsession with contemporary beauty fuels their unique residential designs. With an ever-growing portfolio, we are immediately recruiting for two designers to join their NY studio.
As a Junior Interior Designer, you will support design development and all design staff on the delivery of projects from concept to expediting and installation whilst under close supervision
Required skills/ qualifications:
* 2 years minimum professional experience
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp
* Adobe Creative Suite, with specific strength in InDesign and Photoshop
* A degree in Interior Design (or related field)
* Experience in high end residential
* Demonstrated graphical, oral and written communication skills
* Able to multitask different deadlines, as well as efficiently manage tasks and workload
* Be knowledgeable of top designers, galleries and vendors across the world
The successful candidates for this role will:
* Research and source FF&E and materials (architectural and decorative)
* Convey design intent by drafting furniture plans, elevations and details
* Design and detail custom furniture
* Throughout the project, liaise with the project manager, consultants, client and vendors
* Support senior designers throughout the design process, through design development and execution/installation
* Use organized graphic forms to create client presentations
* Track process and progress of projects through maintenance of logs and records
* Expedite and assist the purchasing phase
* Complete project administration requirements, such as creating and maintaining budgets
The successful applicants will enjoy a varied role with the opportunity to learn from exceptional designers while working on stunning interiors. There is a clear progression path available with the opportunity to accelerate your career.
Please apply with your updated resume and portfolio with relevant examples of your work (less than 10mb). Suitable applicants will be contacted for an in-depth discussion. You must be legally permitted to work in the US.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.