- Chelsea, Manhattan
- $60,000 to $70,000
We have been appointed by a high end design firm in Manhattan to recruit a skilled and motivated Junior Designer/Decorator with at least 2 years’ experience. The successful applicant will enjoy the opportunity of working closely with senior staff to provide development, production support and co-ordination throughout project delivery processes. This individual will be responsible for supporting the efforts of the design team to ensure the successful completion of the luxury, multi million dollar projects.
Outline of Job Responsibilties:
– Maintaining and filing correspondence, drawings, shop drawings and approved finishes
– Assisting in organizing sample library
– Assisting in production of client presentations
– Attending client meetings/presentations
– Preparation of meeting agendas and ensuring accurate meeting notes are taken and reported on
– AutoCAD proficiency used to prepare required furniture plans, elevations, custom furniture drawings and lighting drawings required to convey design intent
– Sourcing all FF&E including furniture, window treatments, drapery, fabrics, wall covering, wall treatments, lighting, carpeting, regular painting, decorative painting, decorative finishes, decorative art and accessories
– Preparation of specification packets and room sheets for presentation to the client
– Coordinating FF&E deliveries, CFA’s, finish samples and other materials
– Supervising installation of FF&E including arranging furniture, hanging window treatments and artwork
– Runs errands as needed
– Corresponding with vendors to obtain accurate quotes for all FF&E requirements
– Writing purchase orders and client invoices to ensure timely delivery of project
– Up to date knowledge on current industry trends in space, function, decorative lighting, fabrics, furniture and equipment
This highly reputable firm have designed an impressive number of projects across the globe from luxurious urban residences in the most exclusive of zip codes, to sophisticated and elegant retreats in more remote, secluded locations.
Named by Architectural Digest one of the “Top 100” interior design firms globally they have received multiple accolades for their work. The successful applicant will be offered a clear path for progression and an opportunity to excel.
On offer is a truly competitive salary plus benefits, PTO and most importantly, mentorship and professional development.
Interested? Please apply with your up to date resume and suitbale examples that demonstrate the skills required above (less than 10mb).
This is not an exclusively remote working position, the successful appicant must have the legal right to work in the US and be availble to work in the studio at least 3 days a week.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.