- Financial District, Manhattan
- $70,000 to $85,000
urban have recently been appointed by an internationally acclaimed Architects Firm to recruit an ambitious, and forward thinking Intermediate interior Designer to join their NYC firm full time.
The practice employ over 250 staff across multiple global destinations with ongoing plans to continue their growth across the US. Their project portfolio is broad; encompassing Commercial, Corporate, Education, Institutional and Healthcare projects including new and existing sites.
As an Intermediate Interior Designer, your role within the interiors team will require active involvement across all design phases. From initial programming, concept design and space planning, through SD, DD, detailing, documentation and involvement in construction administration and including FF&E selection and specification. Additionally, good client facing and project managing acumen are advantageous.
Working closely with the Principal of the interiors dept, the overall objective will be to work well within the team and contribute to design while working on multiple projects across varying stages simultaneously.
Required skills/ qualifications:
* Degree Educated in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
* NCIDQ and LEED/WELL accreditation or working towards the accreditation preferrable
* 5-7 years notable professional experience
* Large scale project interiors, for example; Commercial, Corporate Healthcare, Institutional, Education etc..
* All round design skills
* Up to date working knowledge of codes, ADA requirements and building systems
* Extensive knowledge of current FF&E trends, appropriate materials, finishes and systems
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Attention to detail and organizational skills
* Strong team player
* Proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
This firm celebrate and actively promote diversity throughout their teams, championing emerging talent and encouraging employees to realize their full potential. If you are looking for forward thinking, proactive employer, this firm will be a great match for you. They offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as clear career progression and continued development.
Please apply with your updated resume and portfolio with relevant examples of your work (less than 10mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Suitable applicants will be contacted for an in depth discussion. You must be legally permitted to work in the US.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.