- Financial District, Manhattan
- $75,000 to $90,000
An award-winning, internationally recognized architecture firm specializing in (but not limited to) cultural and institutional projects are seeking an Intermediate Interior Designer to join it’s Interiors Studio.
Showcasing a portfolio that’s diverse in typology, scale and location, projects include new construction, renovation and expansion, historic preservation, interior design, and master planning.
The successful candidate will be set to join a talented team to provide design support and be actively involved in all phases of design. From programming, concept, space planning, design development, detailing, documentation, and involvement in construction administration, right through to FF&E selection, specification and procurement.
* Space planning and conceptual design skills
* Development of layouts for typical rooms/space types
* Development of material palettes
* Graphic and material presentations for in-house and client meetings
* Construction documentation and coordination
* Programming with user groups for FF&E
* Furniture budgets and specifications, bid packages
* Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
* Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience
* Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with others
* Proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel, Word and other design related software
* Working towards NCIDQ and LEED/WELL accreditation preferred
* Must be able to work on multiple projects at one time
* Knowledge of furniture systems and materials appropriate for education, health-care and institutional work
* Familiarity with building systems, codes and ADA requirements
This firm care about its people and the well-being of its staff. They focus on each individuals physical and mental well-being in addition to your professional growth. Some of the benefits on offer include:
* Full medical suite: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life Insurance
* 401K plan
* Access to discounted perks, gym membership, dining & more
* Various health and wellness initiatives
* Mentorship program
Placing highly in the firms priorities is emphasis on inclusivity, diversity and equity. The office culture is friendly, open with a positive and collaborative environment.
Interested? Please apply with your resume and portfolio (less than 10mb). Applicants should have US work authorization and live near to the offices in order to commute in on a regular basis.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.