- New York County
- $90,000 to $110,000
Founded in New York City over 55 years ago, this architects firm are actively looking to appoint an Intermediate Interior Architect to the interiors group within it’s multi disciplinary studio.
Working as an integral part of the interiors team, the successful candidate will work directly with the studio and project leadership across all project stages. As a strong designer and communicator, you must be able to generate strong design concepts while also possessing the technical aptitude to develop through to construction documentation. Working across a range of project typologies including commercial, multi-family residential, education and healthcare interiors you will work closely with your project teams from planning and concept phases, design, FF&E selection to construction documentation.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate:
* Bachelor or Masters of Interior Architecture or Architecture
* 5-10 years experience designing Interior Architecture spaces
* Designing commercial, multi-family residential, education and healthcare interiors
* Strong technical technical acumen with Revit proficiency
* Experience working across all project stages from concept through to construction documentation
* Ability to generate, explore and develop design concepts according to specific programmatic and site requirements
* Up to date knowledge and application of materials, finishes and furniture selection, specification and detailing
* Outstanding graphic 3D presentation and production
* Proficiency with Revit; experience with other 3D software and Adobe CS
* Familiarity with NYC Building code as applied to interior architecture
This position will suit a self starter who can demonstrate a strong eye for detail, excellent organizational skills, the ability to work well to tight deadlines and articulate themselves in a clear and confident manner. NCIDQ certification is highly preferable.
This architect firm foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace culture with a focus on enabling and encouraging all employees to share ideas and collaborate across projects. Professional development is held in high regard and staff are encouraged to pursue industry involvement. Education seminars and presentations are regularly hosted and attended and the firm run their own mentorship program, connecting mentors and mentees across the office with a focus on career progression, goals, advocacy and networking.
The salary on offer is subject to experience but within the region of $90,000 – $110,000 pa with additional extensive benefits. The successful candidate must be legal to work in the US.
To apply, send your resume and portfolio that demonstrate the required experience (less than 10mb). Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to discuss the role and their suitability in more detail.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.