- Midtown South, Manhattan
- $70,000 to $85,000
Nationally recognized multi-disciplinary design firm with offices across the country are seeking a passionate and talented Interior Designer to join it’s New York office.
This position entails leading the interior design effort of small-scaled projects as well as assisting with the design of larger projects.
Role responsibilities include:
* Conducting and programming with clients
* Working closely with the project manager and the project lead designer(s)
* Develop code compliant designs.
* Develop schematic fundamental design reports.
* Select appropriate finish materials and furnishings.
* Prepare furniture budgets.
* Develop presentation materials including 3D renderings as well as leading and participating in client presentations
* Executing and enhancing the design intent while preparing the construction documents
* Working closely with architecture and the engineering disciplines to ensure consistent development of designs
* Development of project and furniture specifications
* Preparation of submittal responses, shop drawing review and construction site visits.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Science in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
* At least five years of experience with interior design, some of which is in a specialized area (i.e. healthcare, academics, science and technology, commercial, etc.)
* Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Suite, 3D modeling software (Sketch up, Rhino)
* Stellar conceptual skills and understanding of interior architecture
* Polished communication and presentation skills
* Up to date knowledge of interior architectural detailing
* Comprehensive knowledge of finishes, materials and trends
* NCIDQ Certification or actively pursuing
* Comprehensive understanding of sustainable design concepts and experience with LEED (or other rating systems) documentation
As an Interior Designer within the firm you will enjoy a varied role with the opportunity to contribute meaningful and rewarding design. Working alongside a comprehensive yet diverse team you will benefit from career acceleration within a friendly, collaborative working environment.
Interested? Please apply with your up to date resume and suitable work samples. Shortlisted candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK and be able to commute into Manhattan.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.