- New York City
- $70,000 to $90,000
Global design firm are seeking a talented, ambitious Interior Designer to join their newly established New York studio. Spanning 5 locations worldwide made up of over 160 designers, architects, project managers, the successful applicant will be working alongside world class talent.
With a reputation for designing beautiful hotels, impressive resorts, luxurious bars & restaurants, high end retail and residences, this firm have won many accolades over the past 30 years and counting.
The scope of this position is for an Interior Designer responsible to and under the direction of Associate and/or Senior Designer- Project Manager. Together with the principal in charge, you will establish the overall design concept and maintain continuity through the entire project process to completion. You will coordinate with the project team and manage all required documentation to insure its timely and correct completion within internal and external guidelines, rules and schedules.
– Assist in contract preparation and negotiation.
– In conjunction with the Principal in Charge, establish overall design concepts and maintains the continuity of those concepts through the entire project process to completion relative to Client programme and budget.
– Translate concepts into schematic design criteria working with project programme and initial design concepts.
– Ensure that schematic design is communicated properly to Client, design team and production team.
– Determine level and quality of finishes.
– Development of presentation material and help maintain graphic quality and content.
– Participate in presentations as needed.
– Assist in co-ordination of interior architectural documents with consultants and architects.
– Co-ordinate schedules, staff utilisation / work planning and budget requirements
– Co-ordinate with project team members in producing all required schedules (i.e. finishes, sanitary ware, ironmongery etc.).
– Co-ordinate the output of project team members in finalising and documenting the project.
– Review for code compliance.
– Maintain journal and records of submittals, samples, shop drawings, etc. and ensure that the aforementioned are reviewed by the relevant team member on schedule.
– Ensure that team members provide answers, drawings, clarifications in a timely manner during bidding / negotiations and construction administration phases.
– Co-ordinate and work closely with the FF&E designer and team to ensure complete briefing and consistency of the design and review FF&E specifications.
– Maintain regular review of ID documentation, shop drawings, and participates in CI phase to ensure design intent is maintained
– Communicate design intent with consultants and review their work for conformance to design intent.
– Initiate and co-ordinates team meetings, design review, etc.
– Initiate client & design team meetings as required
– Ensure graphic quality, content, consistency and correctness of Tender/ID documentation.
– Be knowledgeable about contract responsibilities and monitor all output during ID documentation and CI phases.
– Direct education of Junior Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
Necessary experience & qualifications:
– Degree educated – Architecture or Interior Design
– At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
– Experience working on high end Hospitality &/or Commercial interiors
– Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe CS and PowerPoint
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to work well autonomously as well as within a team
This is a rare opportunity to join a highly acclaimed design brand and be instrumental in establishing and then growing the NY team. You will work closely with a world class design leader on high profile, exciting projects.
Interested? Please email your up to date resume and portfolio for consideration. Successful applicants must have the legal right to work in the US.
Urban is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.